Disclosures of Outside Activities and Interests
- A Disclosure is for an activity that has occurred (in the past) or is occurring. It is also more comprehensive, covering outside activities and interests such as substantial interest in a business entity or gifts over $250, which may be a conflict of interest.
- a disclosure also covers family members
- any substantial interest in a business entity should be disclosed no later than 30 days after acquiring the interest.
- Disclosure requirements apply to:
- Executive Officers who are defined as all individuals who report directly to the President (other than administrative support positions), and any employee who exercises broad and significant discretion over key institution functions.
- Employees involved in procurement activities - an employee who makes decisions or recommendations regarding:
- contract terms or conditions on a contract
- who is to be awarded a contract
- preparation of a solicitation for a contract
- evaluation of a bid or proposal
- minimum threshold for purchases and contracts over $15,000
- Executive Officers, employees involved in procurement activities, and employees involved in contract management with nothing to disclose must affirmatively indicate that fact in the electronic database.
- When in doubt in determining whether an activity or interest should be disclosed, the individual should resolve the doubt in favor of disclosure.
- Disclosures must be made using the Outside Activity Portal and completed and submitted for activity that took place in the 2017 calendar year.
- Please click on the following link to the Outside Activity Portal to complete and submit a disclosure https://outsideactivity2.utsystem.edu/disclosures/
Reporting period is now open through
Friday, March 15, 2019
- Below is a training tool available to assist with completing the required disclosures:
- Tutorial Video (must log into portal to view)
- To read the full policy, please go to the following link in the Handbook of Operating Procedures Section V, Chapter 29: https://www.utep.edu/vpba/hoop/section-5/ch-29.html.
- For assistance or if you have any questions, please call 747-6478 or email email@example.com.