How to Apply
* The application submission period for the 2020-2021 academic year is closed.
Before beginning the application, COURI encourages student to have the following prepared:
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The application is available online at http://www.fafsa.gov. Helpful tips to assist you in completing the FAFSA are available via https://www.utep.edu/student-affairs/financialaid/overview/complete-fafsa.html.
- Personal statement (500 words max). Your personal statement is your opportunity to stand out. In your statement please include:
- What makes you a good candidate for this program (Include any relevant work experience, hobbies, and interests).
- Why you are interested in pursuing a science major (Describe your interest & engagement with your subject beyond the classroom).
- What your future career aspirations are and how participating in the ACSScellence program will help you achieve your academic and professional goals.
- An unofficial copy of your EPCC/ UTEP Transcript (PDF format)
- Contact information for one recommender. You will need to provide the name and email of a prior teacher/professor who knows you well and has agreed to submit a recommendation. An email will be sent to the recommender with detailed instructions on how they can submit their recommendation for inclusion in your application.