The Achieve Career Success in Science through Excellence (ACSScellence) Program is an NSF-funded ‘need-based’ scholarship program for students who are enrolling in Science degree programs at UTEP. Both students starting as freshmen or who are transferring from a 2 year program at El Paso Community College are eligible to apply. The overall goal of the program is to empower students to successfully complete a Science degree and develop the professional competencies, soft skills and global mindset required for a successful career in the 21st century STEM workforce.
- Provide the opportunity to talented but financially disadvantaged undergraduate students to pursue and complete a Science degree.
- Retain program participants and ensure their timely STEM degree completion.
- Ensure participants are prepared for the diversity of advanced degrees and/or career opportunities available within and beyond academia.
- Measure the impact of proposed curricular and co-curricular activities on the academic performance and career interests of undergraduate participants.
Benefits for ACSScellence Scholars
- Receive financial support (scholarship)
- Be mentored by internal and external professionals
- Conduct research under mentoring of UTEP faculty
- Participate in multiple curricular and co-curricular activities designed for development of key professional skills
- Graduate on time
- Become innovative STEM professionals