How to Apply
Application updates in response to COVID-19
- Application deadline extended to June 1st.
- The UTEP Graduate School has waived the GRE requirement for applicants adversely affected by current obstacles to arranging standardized testing. Thus, for this application cycle, you can submit your application to the Ed.D. program without GRE scores, as typically required.
Applicants must submit the following required documents to be considered for admission:
- Graduate School Admissions Application (online application available at utep.edu/graduate) with the application fee.
- Ofﬁcial transcripts showing completion of a master’s degree, an undergraduate degree, and other college or university coursework.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) official report.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) official report: Required for international students.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference, including at least one academic reference (i.e., faculty advisor, instructor) AND one professional reference (i.e., supervisor, collaborator), with the third letter being an academic, professional, or character reference.
- Statement of Purpose, which explains how the program aligns with your career goals, and highlights relevant experiences and skills.
For more detailed instructions on submitting your application online, please see the UTEP Graduate School website: https://www.utep.edu/graduate/admissions-and-academics/admissions.html
Applicant Review Process
- Evaluation of fully completed application requirements.
- Faculty Interview: Selected applicants will be invited to interview with faculty in the doctoral program, in order to determine final admission status. The purpose of the interview is to establish compatibility between the applicant’s goals and interests and the aims of the doctoral program.
- Admission to the Ed.D. program is competitive and based on a variety of factors to include academic achievement, the probability of success in performing doctoral-level work, perceived fit with the cohort experience, and faculty resources available to provide support for new students.
- Applicants will be informed of the decision on admission by mid-May.
Application Deadline: April 15th