How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following required documents to be considered for admission:
- Graduate School Admissions Application (online application available at utep.edu/graduate) with the application fee
- Ofﬁcial transcripts showing completion of a master’s degree, an undergraduate degree, and other college or university coursework
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) official report
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) official report: Required for international students
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference, including at least one academic reference (i.e., faculty advisor, instructor) AND one professional reference (i.e., supervisor, collaborator), with the third letter being an academic, professional, or character reference
- Responses to two Statement of Purpose essay questions:
Describe your experiences and skills that are relevant to the Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree program in Educational Leadership & Administration. Note that your response will be evaluated on content as well as on writing skills.
Explain how the Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree program aligns with your career goals. Note that your response will be evaluated on content as well as on writing skills.
Applicant Review Process
- Evaluation of fully completed application requirements.
- Faculty Interview: Selected applicants will be invited to interview with faculty in the doctoral program, in order to determine final admission status. The purpose of the interview is to establish compatibility between the applicant’s goals and interests and the aims of the doctoral program.
- Admission to the Ed.D. program is competitive and based on a variety of factors to include academic achievement, the probability of success in performing doctoral-level work, perceived fit with the cohort experience, and faculty resources available to provide support for new students.
- Applicants will be informed of the decision on admission by mid-May.
Application Deadline: May 15th
For more detailed instructions on submitting your application online, please see the UTEP Graduate School website: https://www.utep.edu/graduate/apply-now/apply-now.html. Also, refer to these videos on applying if you are a U.S. (https://youtu.be/U_FVCSl4eBM) or international (https://youtu.be/CUt0ns5H6HY) applicant.
Check out our FAQs for more information on the Ed.D. Program: https://www.utep.edu/education/elf/academic-programs/doctoral-program/frequently-asked-questions.html.