New Advising Process
Every student has now been assigned an Academic Advisor who will assist you with course selection, general questions and link you to various resources.
Use the instructions on the image to find the name of your advisor.
Once you know who your advisor is, follow the instructions below to schedule an appointment.
If you are currently an engineering student, go to your Blackboard organizations and find your major.
If you do not see your major in the organizations tab, please reach out to ENGRAdvising@utep.edu. When sending an email, please include the following information:
- Full name
- Student ID
- Current Major
- Phone number you can be reached at
- Describe in detail the issue you are experiencing or ask the question(s) you have
If you still have questions, please contact us: 915-747-5460 or ENGREdge@utep.edu
Dear Master students,
If you are a continuing student and you already know what courses to take, please send your completed Excel Progress Worksheet attached to Venezia Navarro (email@example.com).
Make sure you include all of your coursework along with grade and semester completed. If you are currently taking the class, put the grade as a “P” for progress. Additionally, please make sure you include what your concentration is and that you fill out the form on the appropriate tab in the bottom. Add the courses you want to register for in the upcoming semester and highlight them.
If you are unsure of what courses to take and you need guidance, you can contact your Graduate Advisor. Dr. Romero (firstname.lastname@example.org) for Computer Engineering and Dr. Erives (email@example.com) for Electrical Engineering. Once you know what courses to take, proceed to send your Excel Progress Worksheet, following instructions from the first bullet, to Venezia Navarro (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are a new student and need guidance on the degree plan requirements, please contact Venezia Navarro (email@example.com) to schedule a meeting.
This is the proposed process for Ph.D. advising during this semester for Spring 2021.
Send Dr. Velez-Reyes an email at firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: Venezia Navarro, Patricia Mendoza and Priscilla Carrasco) with the information on the courses you want to take and a report on your research/academic progress that includes
- Include your UTEP ID number
- Please submit if you have not: milestones agreement plan, Annual report or IDP, and preliminary degree plan. Ask Ms. Venezia Navarro for the forms if you do not have them
- Plans for qualifiers if not taken or need to repeat
- Note that you cannot enroll in dissertation or defend the proposal if you have not passed the qualifier.
- List of courses to take
- You will be allowed to enroll in EE 6398 Dissertation I if you have finished all course work, including Graduate Research & Seminar, and have passed the qualifier.
- You will have defended or will defend during that semester your dissertation proposal
- Plans to defend dissertation proposal if applicable
- Plans to defend dissertation if applicable
- Short summary of research progress
- Publications plan
You will receive an e-mail response which will constitute the authorization to remove holds for registration.
New students will need to meet with Doctoral Advisor, Dr. Velez-Reyes. Please contact email@example.com to schedule a time.