These models apply to 100% online students and programs.
Tuition and Fees
Online programs have a bundled rate that includes tuition and fees in one cost. Online students are not charged on-campus service fees such as: Union Fee, Health Center Fee, and Rec Center Fee. They pay a reduced Student Support Fee.
The Distance Learning Fee is included in the bundled rate and supports service functions related to online programming including instructional design, management, delivery, maintenance, recruitment, marketing, state authorization, and so on.
Additional tuition and fees may be assessed according to the students’ major and/or academic level. These include, but are not limited to:
- Major and course fees
- Graduate differential tuition
- Students with the UTEP Connect program code are assessed the online student tuition and fees rate specific to their program. Only fully online students are counted in this enrollment and financial model.
- For all online programs, the bundled rate per credit hour is distributed into three areas:
- Statutory tuition for Texas residents
- Institution: includes financial aid set-aside, overhead, mandatory and incidental fees
- Online program: covers instructional and other online program resources
Online graduate program distribution follows the same model. For current distribution rates, please contact the Extended University Business Center.
- Remaining balances or deficits are rolled over to the next fiscal year. Any net revenue is available for use at the academic college’s, department’s or program’s discretion.