The Human Resources division at The University of Texas at El Paso strives to be a model of excellence in providing services to the administration and employees of the University of Texas at El Paso through trust, respect, integrity, and credibility.
The vision held by Human Resources is that in the foreseeable future, the majority of programs at the University of Texas at El Paso will be nationally ranked as a Tier I institution and as a result the university will be considered a premier employer of choice in El Paso and the surrounding Paso Del Norte region. The University’s reputation will not only be one of academic access and research excellence but will also be a reputation of a destination employer that:
- Offers a progressive and exciting work environment;
- Provides equitable and competitive compensation and benefits that support all types of employee needs;
- Partners with colleges, divisions, and administrative units and their employees to achieve their full potential and to meet goals; and,
- Assists its employees with finding a sense of well-being and balance between work and home.
Our vision is that members of the university community will attribute the universities success, in part, to the outstanding customer service, efficient systems, and consultative efforts of Human Resources. We will accomplish this by:
- Celebrating the advantages and opportunities created by a diverse staff;
- Ensuring our programs, policies, and services are relevant and valued by the campus community;
- Ensuring the university has a well-trained and competent workforce;
- Making efficient and maximum use of resources;
- Making use of state of the art technology to communicate and administer programs; and,
- Offering a competitive and meaningful total rewards package.
Our mission is simple:
To enhance and sustain the foundation for workplace excellence by leading and empowering University employees in the successful administration of human resources.