The University of Texas at El Paso has 100-year history as a preferred education for students in the U.S.-Mexico border communities. At UTEP, we believe that an accessible and affordable education should be available to all. Online degrees such as these help make higher education a possibility for those who are unable to come to campus because of other responsibilities.
· UTEP is ranked #1 in “Social Mobility” according to Washington Monthly.
· The U.S. Department of Education ranks UTEP as a great value with the lowest net tuition of all research universities in the country.
· Issues in Higher Education ranks UTEP #2 among all U.S. colleges and universities in the total number of degrees awarded to Hispanics.
· UTEP is recognized as a 2016 Military Friendly® School.
· UTEP received the Institute for Higher Education Policy (IHEP) Champion of Access and Success Award for successfully advancing strategies that increase opportunity, persistence and degree completion for low-income, first-generation, minority, adult, veteran, disabled and other underserved student populations.
· The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board ranks UTEP #3 in Texas among the 7 peer “Emerging Research Universities.”
· Washington Monthly also ranks UTEP #8 overall among “National Research Universities” – in excellent company between #6 Stanford and #10 Harvard.
· UTEP teaching has been recognized as a “Model Institution for Excellence” (one of only six in the country) by the National Science Foundation.
· UTEP is one of 11 universities nationwide to receive a $5 million “Teachers for a New Era” research grant from Carnegie Corporation.
· UTEP is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).