Whether you are just starting off your academic career at UTEP or getting ready to graduate, career planning can determine which career path best fits an individual. Follow a degree plan that will guide you and place you in the courses and internships you need to best prepare you for your future. Getting involved and being proactive will help you find the career you want and love.
- Identify and Assess Skills, Strengths, Values, and Interest
- What Is The Demand For That Field and Career?
- Create Focused Options and Develop a Realistic Career and Academic Plan
- Research Majors and Academics, Industry and Related Career Fields. Select a Major or Program of Study
- Receive Updated Degree Plan and Identify Which Courses to Take and Create Shortest and Most Effective Academic Route to Graduation.
- Develop Your Job and Internship Search Skills
Job Search Skills
With your career and major identified now it’s time to start searching for the perfect job opportunity. Creating effective strategies and utilizing various job tools and knowing how to do an effective job search can help you find the job you want.
1. Research and Manage Your Job and Internship Search
2. Occupational Outlook Data
3. Attend Career Fairs, Expos, and Job Networking Events Such as Chamber Events.
4. Build Effective Tools For The Job Search, Such as...
- Resume Building
- Professional Cover Letter
- Interview Skills and Strategies For Employment and Graduate School
- Learn Effective Networking Skills
- Create and Utilize Effective Job Search Skills
Workshops address specific career development skills and topics including Resume Preparation. Interviewing Techniques, Professional Attire and Etiquette, Job Search 101 Skills, Making the right Career Decision, and finding Internships. Through a partnership with the UTEP Career Center these development sessions will help prepare you for the career you want and how to get it. Stop by the C.L.A.S.S Center or visit us online to get an updated list of available workshops being offered this semester including day, time, and location.