Applications are due Friday, March 25, 2022
Fellows are expected to make use of resources in the El Paso area, including the Tom Lea Institute, the El Paso Museum of Art*, and Special Collections at the UTEP Library. Fellows are required to make at least one research appointment and consultation with staff from the Tom Lea Institute. Recipients of the fellowship will produce a research document (generally article-length) or portfolio to be shared with the fellowship donors as well as the Tom Lea Institute. Additionally, the fellows should plan to deliver a public research presentation, preferably during Tom Lea Month in October of 2022.
Application and Deadlines
To apply for this fellowship, candidates should complete the attached application and return it to the College no later than Friday, March 25, 2022. The application will be judged by a committee of faculty from the College. Awards will be announced on April 15, 2022.
- Email the application as a single PDF to Ms. Estella Estrada, Office of the Dean, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on March 25, 2022.
- Please direct application questions to Dr. Melissa Warak, Fellowship Liaison, at email@example.com.
- Application form
- Research Proposal and Professional Narrative
- Curriculum Vitae
- Tentative budget and timeline for research
- One letter of recommendation from the student’s project advisor OR (for faculty applicants) a
letter of support from the Chair
*Proposals should build in flexibility on travel and local research needs in case of COVID-19 restrictions.