Women's & Gender Studies Program
The mission of the Women’s Studies Program is to provide the interdisciplinary study of women's experiences, emphasizing historical, contemporary, and future issues concerning women and men; to foster the development of gender equality in scholarship and the workplace; to help students better understand how knowledge, discourse, and values take different forms depending on multiple inequalities, especially for women of color and women on the US – Mexico border.
EVENTS AND NEWS
- National Women's History Month Calendar of Events 2023
- Roe V. Wade Statement from Women's and Gender Studies
- Past Women’s and Gender Studies Conferences
- Celebrating Alumni Achievements
- Student Testimonials
- Online Advising
- Femme Film Festival
- Guest Speakers 2021
- In Solidarity Statement From WGS
- Student Resource and Services During the COVID-19 Shutdown
- Podcasts and Videos
- Women’s Equality Day 2022 - In partnership with UTEP Women and Gender Studies, and The El Paso Independent School District, WGS Director Dr. Hilda Ontiveros joins EPISD Superintendent Diana Sayavedra and the Campus Teaching Coach, Viviana Favela in promotion of, Women’s Equality Day 2022.