The Women’s and Gender Studies Program offers internships for students seeking professional experience in any field. This program offers the opportunity to develop hands-on experience working with a team and with theWomen’s and Gender Studies Program Staff to facilitate information to students,faculty and the community in general.Some of the activities realized during the internship program are:
- Public Relations
- Event Planning
- Collaboration on events such as Women’s History Month Conference and Rainbow Graduation
To gain experience in promotion of the Women’s Studies Program and special events.
· To implement promotional materials in all endeavors for the program such as posters,
memos,newsletter, press releases, public service announcements, etc.
· To aid and learn about the basic theories and principles of fundraising and coordinating special events.
· To collaborate with the immediate supervisor and/or director in identifying specific
goals and objectives for the program.
· To learn about and practice professional etiquette and expectations.
· To gain a positive learning experience in the field of Women’s Studies and public relations,
identify with the program, and help aid in all of its objectives.
The Women's and Gender Studies Program coordinates with several groups on and off campus to provide a variety of educational events on women's and gender issues. Throughout the year we organize lectures, performances, art exhibits, and films for the UTEP and surrounding community.
Women’s Studies affiliated faculty are involved in community service and activist events, including stopping violence against women and children on the border; Women’s health issues; educational; economic and entrepreneurial opportunities for women; literary and performing arts; hosting a conference in celebration of National Women’s History Month, and political advocacy of women’s issues.