TexShare Card -- Non-UTEP Affiliates (Orange)
Individuals not affiliated or enrolled at UTEP can apply for a free TexShare User Card (Orange). They must be currently enrolled, employed or registered at a U.T. System Institution, State University, Community College or Public Library who is a participant in the TexShare Card Program. A Texas ID or Driver’s License and your valid TexShare Card (Available at Participating Texas Libraries) will be requested to verify the individual presenting the card. The TexShare User Card (Orange), as well as a picture ID, must be presented each time materials are checked out.
In order to request a TexShare Community User Card (Orange) or to renew your old card you will need to bring the following documents:
- Valid TexShare Card. (White). (A copy will be needed for our records).
- State ID or Driver’s License. (A copy will be needed for our records).
- TexShare User Card (Orange). (ONLY FOR RECORD RENEWALS)
You will also be required to:
- Fill out an application. (Available at the UTEP Library Access Services desk, 2nd Floor).
- Sign new TexShare User Card (Orange). (Provided at the Access Services desk).
After completing this process your new card will be available for pick up or delivery (upon request) after two weeks. During this period
TexShareUsers are allowed to check out books with a valid picture ID. TexShare Users must meet and comply with all The UTEP Library Policies.
- TexShare User’s Card has to be renewed every semester, or by Orange Card expiration date, by bringing all of the documents mentioned above.
- TexShare User cards are not-transferable (
OnlyApplicant is able to check out materials).
- Access to most of the online catalog is only available using the Library wireless network or through the community user computers available.
- Any privileges may be revoked at Access Service's discretion.
- If fines exceed the maximum limit users will not be able to renew membership or check out material.
- After 7 days past the due date
TexShareusers will be charged $22.50 per item (Maximum amount of fines plus processing fees). If not returned, users will also be charged for the cost of the item(s). For more information see Policies.
- Patrons under the age of 18 must come with Parent or legal
guardian / tutor.
- Parents of Public Library patrons under the age of 18 will be held responsible for all items and fines.
- The maximum borrowing period is 14 days.
- TexShare Community Users have no access to the computer lab or Technology Services including equipment checkout.