Research and Sponsored Projects Council
Meetings are to be held on a monthly basis at a minimum; the membership will be composed of the Vice President for Research & Sponsored Projects (ORSP), Associate Vice President of ORSP, and each college’s dean, associate dean, or representative.
The proposed Research & Sponsored Projects Council charge is to:
- Recommend strategic actions/opportunities that can advance the University’s research capacity.
- Disseminate information in a timely manner regarding agency solicitations, proposal development, and training opportunities, as well opportunities related to entrepreneurial activities
- Announce submissions and awards
- Review and formulate recommendations for policies and procedures on proposal development, submission processes, and post-award management that improve the research infrastructure.
- Advise on incentives for research and scholarly activity, including the URI mechanism and process
- Be actively involved in efforts focused on:
- Identifying faculty, staff, and administrators who can who can respond to an RFP individually or as part of a team
- Mentoring faculty, staff, and doctoral students in grantsmanship and research development within your college
- Recognizing those who excel in research and sponsored projects
- Ensuring recommendations and proposal submissions are made in a timely manner, e.g., limited submissions
Associate Deans for Research
Erik Devos, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research - College of Business Administration
Business Administration, Room 247
Beverly Argus-Calvo, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research – College of Education
Education Building, Room 713
Eric MacDonald, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies - College of Engineering
Engineering Building, Room A-146
João Batista Ferreira-Pinto, Ph.D
Associate Dean for Research – College of Health Sciences
Health Sciences and School of Nursing Building, Room 368N
Maria Cristina Morales, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research – College of Liberal Arts
Liberal Arts, Room 343
Franchesca E. Nunez, Ph.D.
Research Director – School of Nursing
Health Sciences and School of Nursing Building, Room 322