Research and Sponsored Projects Council
The Research & Sponsored Projects Council provides a forum for discussing strategic development and expansion of research and sponsored project activities. The Council is intended to create a communication channel among the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP), colleges, and other units, including the faculty, staff, and administration. The Council aims to create an institutional research climate that realizes the potential of its faculty and research staff in research and scholarly activity and to enhance the University’s research capacity.
Meetings are to be held on a monthly basis at a minimum; the membership will be composed of the Vice President for Research & Sponsored Projects (ORSP), Associate Vice President of ORSP, and each college’s dean, associate dean, or representative.
The proposed Research & Sponsored Projects Council charge is to:
- Recommend strategic actions/opportunities that can advance the University’s research capacity.
- Disseminate information in a timely manner regarding agency solicitations, proposal development, and training opportunities, as well opportunities related to entrepreneurial activities
- Announce submissions and awards
- Review and formulate recommendations for policies and procedures on proposal development, submission processes, and post-award management that improve the research infrastructure.
- Advise on incentives for research and scholarly activity, including the URI mechanism and process
- Be actively involved in efforts focused on:
- Identifying faculty, staff, and administrators who can who can respond to an RFP individually or as part of a team
- Mentoring faculty, staff, and doctoral students in grantsmanship and research development within your college
- Recognizing those who excel in research and sponsored projects
- Ensuring recommendations and proposal submissions are made in a timely manner, e.g., limited submissions