New principal investigators and researchers who would like to conduct work in this Core should contact the Core Director, Dr. Renato Aguilera, or Core personnel for an appointment. Prospective new users of the CSI Core that require the use of cell culture equipement should review the "Guidelines for Use of the Cell Culture Core" PowerPoint file, available online (see below), before requesting access to the Facility. Once completed, a short quiz at the end of the presentation should be mailed to Ms. Gladys Almodovar (email@example.com) to set up an appointment for orientation on how to use this Care Facility (~50 min).
Please note that samples with known viral or other pathogens, as well radioactively contaminated will not be processed by this Core Facility at this time.
FACS Cell Separation* - Available Types of Analysis:
The CSI Core Facility Services:
- Individualized training and instruction on the instruments operation, depending on the investigator's knowledge and applications requested
- Assistance with experimental design
- Recommendations on sample handling and preparation
- Consultation on data acquisition and analysis
- Experimental and instrument troubleshooting
- Alignment, liquids handling and maintenance of the instruments
After training on the proper use of the FC 500, Gallios cytometer and the LSM 700 confocal microscopes, these instruments will be available 24/7 for use directly by the investigators. Online calendar reservation is available. Users need to sign-up and scheduling should be discussed with the CSI Core personnel first. The Gallios Cell Cytometer and the BD Pathway Bioimager will be operated exclusively by CSI Core facility personnel. The CSI Core Facility operates on a first come first serve policy for the use of the analytical instruments.