Become a Tutor
Become a Tutor!
Please read the Job Qualifications before submitting the tutor application.
Once complete please return the application to MaRCS at the Library 2nd floor, room 219.
Desired Job Qualifications:
- Must be of sophomore or higher classification and have completed one or more semesters at UTEP.
- A minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 and 3.0 in all Mathematics courses.
- Must have completed Calculus II.
- Must be able to communicate well orally and relate meaningfully with fellow students as determined in a personal interview.
- Must be responsible and willing to work under supervision.
- Previous experience in either teaching or tutoring would be most helpful.
- Two strong recommendations from the University faculty or administrators.
- Must have no campus disciplinary record.
- Prospective tutors may be asked to complete a proficiency test in Mathematics.
Tutors are expected to:
- Maintain a 3.0 Grade Point Average each semester they are employed.
- Must have passed all portions of Texas Success Initiative.
- Participate in initial and ongoing training programs as requested.
- Become familiar with all services of the MaRCS and related services.
- Tutor students individually both in subject matter, and studying and learning skills.
- Adhere to a predetermined work schedule and keep record of hours worked.
- Maintain adequate records as required.
- Dress appropriately and behave professionally.
Program Director: Dr. Joe Guthrie, firstname.lastname@example.org