If this is your first semester in our program, please follow the steps below in order for you to be well informed and ready to start your classes and Teaching/Research Assistant activities:
1. Find out the time and location of the orientations and meetings you need to attend. There are mandatory meetings for:
- New international students
- New graduate students
- Teaching/Research Assistants.
2. Attend an academic advising session with our Graduate Program Director. Be aware that you must enroll in 9 credit hours in order to be eligible for a TA or RA.
3. Register for the courses you were advised to take.
4. To receive financial aid (either a Teaching or a Research Assistantship) you need to:
- Obtain a copy of your offer letter from the Physics Administrative Services Coordinator (Room 209)
- Obtain your Social Security Number. For more information go to the Office of International Programs.
- Fill out the Human Resource Forms (link below) and turn them in with the Physics Administrative Services Coordinator (Room 209). Follow her instructions to complete your employment paperwork.
- Fill out your Out of State Tuition Waiver Form (link below) and turn it to the Physics Administrative Services Coordinator.