- Take the University of Texas at El Paso/Schuster exit-(18A)
- You will come to an intersection with the stone “University of Texas At El Paso” sign.
Your student staff is here to help!When you arrive, and throughout the year, your student staff is here to help. Resident Assistants (RAs) are live-in student staff responsible for building community, enforcing policies, roommate mediation, and hall programming. Desk Attendants work in the evenings and weekends and will assist you with maintenance requests, room lockouts and equipment lend out. When you arrive, you will be given a list of names and numbers to keep handy if you need assistance! Need a question answered before you arrive? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (915) 747-5352 Items to bring with you
- Cooking supplies, dishes, silverware.
- A “cable-ready” television and cable wire.
- ROKU, Apple TV, or
other streaming device.
- Supplies for the shower and vanity.
- Microwave oven. (Only one per unit, please!)
- Large umbrella (It is monsoon season in our area!)
- Computer w/Ethernet connection or wireless access.
- Good walking shoes.
- “UL” Approved Electrical power cords and cooking devices.
- Bed linens (twin XL) and towels.
- Bike and strong bike lock. (Cable wire is discouraged)
- Cleaning supplies. (We do lend out vacuums and brooms)
- Roommate expectations!
- A positive attitude and an open mind!
- Candles (decorative or functional) and incense or any item that produces a flame or smoke.
- Any type of pets- (only fish in aquariums of 20 gallons or less will be allowed, as well as service animals with documentation from the CASS Office on the UTEP Campus.)
- Window/ portable air conditioning units or wireless routers.
- Wall paint, large hooks or nails.
- Firearms. (including paint or pellet guns)
- Amplified instruments or drum sets.
- Alcohol containers. (kegs, etc.)
- Illegal drugs, and/or drug paraphernalia.
- Is your roommate a current resident? We will attempt to provide a cell phone number if you have trouble contacting them. Please call our office (915-747-5352) if you are having difficulty contacting your roommate. Remember…Your first discussions should be about who is bringing what, etc.
- Have realistic goals: Don’t expect your roommate(s) to be your best friend and companion. Special note to “best friends” who room together: Continuous close contact can strain even the best friendships.
- Courtesy is contagious. Ask before using appliances, eating the last cookie, etc. COMMUNICATE early and often, and express your feelings right away.
- We’re here to help too! Our Village/Heights/Canyon Student Staff will be meeting with you soon to discuss the terms of your Roommate Agreement to be completed by all roommates.
- If your roommate is doing something you don’t like, talk about it right away. Residents in four bedroom apartments should include everyone in these discussions. Don’t delay, as holding things back will make things worse. It is natural to vent your frustrations, but keep third parties (friends, other residents, relatives) out of this conflict as best you can.
- Avoid being judgmental. Instead, be honest and assertive. When you need assistance, do not hesitate to call your Resident Assistant. They are there to listen, but they will not take sides!
Operating hours for room check-in
SCA on Call(After Hours): (915) 525-1452 (Miner Heights): (915) 996-0922 (Miner Canyon): (915) 637-8236
Sending packages ahead of time
Should you wish to send a package before you arrive, future residents of Miner Village should use this address:
YOUR NAME c/o Miner Village Student Housing 2401 North Oregon Street El Paso, Texas 79902 ATTN: FALL 2017 CHECK-IN
For future residents of Miner Heights:
YOUR NAME c/o Miner Heights Student Housing 300 West Schuster Avenue El Paso, Texas 79902 ATTN: FALL 2017 CHECK-IN
For future residents of Miner Canyon:
YOUR NAME c/o Miner Canyon Student Housing 3490 Sun Bowl Drive El Paso, Texas 79902 ATTN: FALL 2017 CHECK-IN
Please notify our office if you are sending a package before your arrival! Mailboxes will be issued at check-in. Thank you!
Parking at the halls? Apply before you arriveTo apply for parking go here!
Keep it safe
- On Move-In Day, safety should be first and foremost on your mind. Lock your apartment and vehicle after every trip, every time!
- Bring plenty of water, and a cart to move heavy objects. Remember that we only have stairs here!
- There will be students and friends of Residence Life helping you throughout the day, and they will be identified with name tags and staff shirts!