You have started a road to success by taking the right choice of living on campus.
When is the Move-In date?
The official move-in date is the weekend before school starts (August 23, 24, 25).
Our Resident Handbook contains all the rules, guidelines and policies about living on campus. By signing your Housing and Residence Life contract you agree to abide by the Handbook.
Operating Hours for Check-In
All properties will have move in tables during the check-in weekend of August 23, 24, and 25.
These tables will operate from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Arriving Before or After Hours?
Anyone arriving before or after these hours may contact our on-call staff number to secure a check-in appointment. Resident Assistant On Call:
Early Arrival Fall 2019
If you need to arrive prior to move in weekend, complete this form. There will be a cost per day for your early arrival. This is a request, not guaranteed. Your request may affect your room assignment.
Directions and LocationDriving directions from I-10 (east or west) to Miner Village, Miner Heights, and Miner Canyon.
- Take the University of Texas at El Paso/Schuster Exit (18A)
- You will come to an intersection with the stone "University of Texas at El Paso" sign.
- For Village/Canyon: If you are facing the sign, turn left towards the campus. If the sign is at your right at the intersection, proceed straight.
- For Heights: Facing the sign, drive straight. If the sign is at your right, turn right and proceed up Schuster Avenue. You will then drive through the roundabout and find a stop light at Hawthorne Avenue. Miner Heights will be on your right after the intersection. Proceed to Horizon Hall, a small green building.
- For Village/Canyon: You will come to a roundabout with the large pick at center and University Avenue on your right. Proceed around the sculpture and continue along Sun Bowl drive. You will come to a 2nd roundabout with a colorful sculpture and a yield sign to your right.
- For Village: Take the right around the Sun Bowl, stopping once at Glory Road and continuing right. The complex is straight ahead, on your
left handside. You will see a gated entrance. Turn into the gate and proceed to the call box. The gate should be open. Please drive to the Summit Hall Office.
- For Canyon: Drive through the roundabout toward the “M” on the mountain. The complex is straight ahead on the left side, past the Student Recreation Center and Helen of Troy Softball Complex. Turn left into the complex. Boquillas Hall will be on your
You can click on the map below of each property to open your Google Maps app and select the property as destination. Simply click on "View larger Map" and after a few seconds your app should open with the address.
What should you bring and leave behind?Items to bring with you
- Cooking supplies, dishes, silverware.
- A “cable-ready” television and cable wire.
- ROKU, Apple TV, or
other streaming device.
- Supplies for the shower and vanity.
- Microwave oven. (Only one per unit)
- Large umbrella (It is monsoon season in our area!)
- Computer w/Ethernet connection or wireless access.
- Good walking shoes.
- “UL” Approved Electrical surge protector and cooking devices.
- Bed linens (twin XL) and towels.
- Bike and strong bike lock. (Cable wire is discouraged)
- Cleaning supplies. (We do lend out vacuums and brooms)
- Roommate expectations!
- A positive attitude and an open mind!
- Candles (decorative or functional) and incense or any item that produces a flame or smoke.
- Any type of pets- (only fish in aquariums of 20 gallons or less will be allowed, as well as service animals with documentation from the CASS Office on the UTEP Campus.)
- Window/ portable air conditioning units or wireless routers.
- Wall paint, large hooks or nails.
- Firearms. (including paint or pellet guns)
- Amplified instruments or drum sets.
- Alcohol containers. (kegs, etc.)
- Illegal drugs, and/or drug paraphernalia.
Keep it Safe
On move-in weekend, safety should be first and foremost on your mind.
- Lock your apartment and vehicle after every trip, every time!
- Do not leave any valuables outside your room unattended.
- Bring plenty of water, and a cart to move heavy objects. Remember that Miner Village and Miner Heights do not have elevator.
Your Student Staff is here to Help You
When you arrive, and throughout the year, your student staff is here to help. Resident Assistants (RAs) are live-in student staff responsible for building community, enforcing policies, roommate mediation, and hall programming. Desk Attendants work in the evenings and weekends and will assist you with maintenance requests, room lockouts and equipment lend out. When you arrive, you will be given a list of names and numbers to keep handy if you need assistance!
Need a question answered before you arrive? Email us at email@example.com or call us at 915-747-5352.
Make roommate success a goal!
This part of college life may have you feeling intimidated, but it also has the potential to be a valuable “out-of-the-classroom” learning experience. The most successful roommate pairings come when new students arrive with an open mind, expectations, and take these steps:
In the beginning
Is your roommate a current resident? We will attempt to provide a cell phone number if you have trouble contacting them. Please call our office (915-747-5352) if you are having difficulty contacting your roommate. Remember…Your first discussions should be about who is bringing what, etc.
Have realistic goals:
Don’t expect your roommate(s) to be your best friend and companion. Special note to “best friends” who room together: Continuous close contact can strain even the best friendships.
COMMUNICATE early and often, and express your feelings right away.
We’re here to help too! Our Village/Heights/Canyon Student Staff will be meeting with you soon to discuss the terms of your Roommate Agreement to be completed by all roommates.
Courtesy is contagious.
Ask before using appliances, eating the last cookie, etc.
When you disagree, follow the guidelines!
If your roommate is doing something you don’t like, talk about it right away. Residents in four bedroom apartments should include everyone in these discussions.
Don’t delay, as holding things back will make things worse.
It is natural to vent your frustrations, but keep third parties (friends, other residents, relatives) out of this conflict as best you can.
Avoid being judgmental. Instead, be honest and assertive.
When you need assistance, do not hesitate to call your Resident Assistant. They are there to listen, but they will not take sides!
*REMEMBER: Moving to a new room may not always be feasible. When you cannot move, start with small compromises with the help of a Resident Assistant or the Residence Life Coordinator.
Sending packages ahead of time?
Should you wish to send a package before you arrive, future should use this address:
YOUR NAME, 2401 North Oregon Street El Paso, Texas 79902
YOUR NAME ,300 West Schuster Avenue El Paso, Texas 79902
YOUR NAME, 3490 Sun Bowl Drive El Paso, Texas 79902
Please notify our office if you are sending a package before your arrival! Mailboxes will be issued at check-in. Thank you!
Parking in the Halls?
If you will not be having a car during the semester, you do not need to apply for a parking permit. If your parents will come with you with their vehicle to help you move in, you will receive a temporary guest parking.
However, if you will be having a car during the semester, you will need to apply for your parking decal in the link bellow.