The Student Information Form is completed through Sunapsis, our online student portal. This form helps our office determine which students will need to apply for an I-20/DS-2019. Most students whose admission application indicated they are not a U.S. citizen will be required to complete this form.
- Visit https://sunapsis.utep.edu and log into "Full Client Services” (NOT "Limited Client Services") with your UTEP username (not full email address) and password.
- The Student Information form should be the only form available in the "Welcome & Information" tab. If your Sunapsis profile does not immediately open to this tab, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Student Information form will automatically list your immigration status as "F-1." If this is incorrect, it will be updated after submitting the form.
- If any other information in the form is incorrect, contact admissions before proceeding (Undergraduates: email@example.com) (Graduates: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you will not need an F-1 or J-1 visa to study, select “Other” when asked “Type of SEVIS Document (Visa Type)…” and submit an explanation. You ARE NOT required to report your immigration status (or lack thereof) to our office.
- Click "Submit" once you are done.
- You will get an automatic email confirming submission immediately, and another email confirming approval within 1-3 business days. DO NOT COMPLETE ANY OTHER SUNAPSIS FORMS UNTIL YOUR STUDENT INFORMATION FORM HAS BEEN APPROVED.
If you will not be an F-1 or J-1 student, your process with OIP is complete. You should not receive any further contact from our office.
If you will need to apply for an I-20/DS-2019, proceed to the next step.