Most students whose UTEP record lists that they are not a U.S. citizen and not a U.S. permanent resident will be contacted by our office in order to determine whether they need an I-20.
In order to report, students will submit the Student Information Form through Sunapsis, our online student portal. This form helps our office determine which students will need to apply for an I-20. Most students whose admission application indicated they are not a U.S. citizen will be required to complete this form.
- Visit https://sunapsis.utep.edu, click "Login," and enter your UTEP username (not full email address) and password.
- Click on "Admission Checklist" at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the "Student Information" e-form.
- Verify that the information in the "Admissions Application Information Section" is correct. If any of the information is incorrect, contact firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding
- Complete the required information in the Biographical Information and Communications Sections
- Select the type of document you will apply for in the Application Information Section
- If you will need an I-20 for and F-1 student visa, select "I-20/F-1"
- If you will not need an I-20, select “Other” when asked “Type of SEVIS Document (Visa Type)…” and submit an explanation. You ARE NOT required to report your immigration status to our office if you do not wish to.
- If you are unsure whether you will need an F-1 visa to study, please review the information at Who Can Study?.
- Complete the Other Information Section
- Click "Submit" once you are done.
- You will get an automatic email confirming submission immediately, and another email confirming approval within 1-3 business days. DO NOT COMPLETE ANY OTHER SUNAPSIS FORMS UNTIL YOUR STUDENT INFORMATION FORM HAS BEEN APPROVED.
If you will apply for an I-20, proceed to the next step once you receive the confirmation that your Student Information form has been approved.
If you will not be an F-1 student, your process with OIP is complete.