UTEP Passport Acceptance Facility
Schedule and Processing Fee
- The UTEP Passport Acceptance Facility is open Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.. The facility operates by online appointment ONLY, to obtain an appointment you must log on to our website by 8:00am the day of. Please make sure to bring all the requirements at the moment of the appointment in order to avoid any delay.
As of April 2, 2018, the service is now $35
Request a New Passport:
Renew a Passport by Mail
Using Form DS-82, you can renew your U.S. passport by mail. Renewing by mail requires the following:
- You must submit your must recent U.S. passport with your application
- The passport must be undamaged (other than normal “wear and tear”)
- The passport was issued when you were age 16 or older
- The passport was issued within the last 15 years
- The passport was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must Apply in Person using Form DS-11.
U.S. Passport Agency Processing Times
- Routine 4-5 Weeks
- Expedited 2-3 Weeks
Whether traveling for an emergency or within less than 15 days, see below how to process your passport at a passport agency
- You can apply through an appointment at a passport agency State Department before traveling abroad within less than fifteen days.
- You must pay the cost of the passport and $60 additional.
- You will be expected to show your travel itinerary.
- Locate the passport agency station.
- Make an appointment by calling 1-877-487-2778 ; TDD / TTY (TTY for hearing impaired): 1-888-874-7793 .