How to Pay for Study Abroad
The cost of participating on an education abroad program vary significantly depending on duration of the program, its location, and who administers the program. Without a doubt, the overall expenses can exceed the cost of studying on campus. But, this this is not always the case.
- Do Your Research – Take the time to investigate the types of programs that are available.
- Run the Numbers – Compare costs at UTEP and the study abroad programs of your choice
- Know What Fees to Expect – For example, all students intending to study abroad must pay the Registration Fee for each term they are abroad. The Registration Fee ensures that you remain registered as a student, financial aid will be applied to the education abroad program, and uninterrupted access to UTEP services, such as email, international travel insurance, academic advising and the international scholarship award.
- Investigate Study Abroad Scholarships – There are many scholarships available to students for academic-year, semester and summer study abroad programs.
- Learn How Financial Aid can support Studying Abroad – Federal and state financial aid may be applied toward both approved affiliated and non-affiliated education abroad programs
NOTE - The Post-decision phase of a participant’s MINERSABROAD application must be completed before a student’s education abroad financial aid package can be processed.