Student Representative to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
THECB STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE POSITION OVERVIEW
Student Government Association is looking for students who are interested in serving as the student representative on the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The student representative serves to provide a student perspective on various issues related to higher education in Texas.
The student representative for the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board or for the Advisory Committees will enjoy the same rights as the other members of the governing bodies, except the right to vote or to be counted toward a quorum for official business. Student representative positions are not paid; however, they may be reimbursed for expenses incurred during official business.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY:
Be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in a public institution of higher education in Texas
- If appointed, the student must maintain enrollment in a public institution of higher education in Texas during the full term of the appointment.
Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be in "good standing" with the University (as certified by the Registrar's Office)
- Maintain a state-wide perspective on higher education
- Be willing to travel to attend regularly scheduled, called, and training meetings
- Serve from June 1 - May 31
UTEP SELECTION PROCESS:
Submit completed application through the UTEP Minetracker program using the designed SGA online form for UT System Student Regent Application.
- Make sure to include any attachments requested in the online form.
- UT System Student Regent Application
- Office of the Governor Appointment Application
- Copy of your updated Resume
- Copy of your UTEP and other university Unofficial Transcripts
- Must be available for an interview in early November
- Overview of larger selection process from THECB: THECB Student Representative Selection Process
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT FOR 2022 NOMINATION: Monday, November 1, 2021 by 5pm
- Check out the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board website for additional information.
- Questions, email email@example.com or call 915-747-8963.