Undergraduate students interested in applying to the program must meet the following criteria:
- US Citizen/ Permanent Resident
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age on the program start date.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Rising junior or senior graduating December 2022 or later. Outstanding rising sophomores will also be considered.
- Students considering the pursuit of advanced degrees and careers in neuroscience research related areas
- Majoring in: Biology, Psychology or Chemistry/Biochemistry. Other science or engineering majors may be considered depending on the student course background and advanced studies/career interest
For High School Teachers
Interested in applying to the program must meet the following criteria:
- US Citizen/ Permanent resident
- Must be teaching science subject
- Must be from El Paso, TX or its surrounding areas
All Participants accepted into the program will be expected to do the following:
- Participate in research training involving laboratory work
- Attend and participate in instructional seminars, professional training workshops, weekly meetings with the program director and social activities
- Present the results of their summer research at the summer symposium.