Please refer to the online Thesis and Dissertation Guide to verify the expected format for your manuscript.
Guide for Preparing a Thesis in LaTeX
Use the style files with caution. You must check that your final document follows the guide as described above. Please read the overview provided. The following is an example of a thesis which uses this format. This is the original thesis of Patrick Kahl as reformatted by Dr. Luc Longpré in accordance with the October 2006 Graduate School thesis and dissertation guide. It was updated in Spring 2008.
- “Solving Narrow-Interval Linear Equations Is NP-Hard” by Patrick Kahl (1996). Patrick’s thesis has many examples of LaTeX use for special symbols and definitions and theorems.
- Download LaTeX source files (zipped)
Thesis/Project Defense Tips
Typical questions that need to be answered during a thesis or project defense:
- What problem are you solving?
- Why is this problem important?
- Who else is working on this problem? on related research?
- What method have you used to solve this problem?
- Why did you choose this method? Is this method better than other methods?
- What was the most difficult part of your work?
- What are the remaining problems?