Fast-Track Combined Bachelor’s/Master’s Programs in Civil, Environmental, and Construction Engineering and Management
The Fast-Track Dual-Credit Program enables outstanding undergraduate UTEP students to receive dual undergraduate and graduate credit of UTEP course work as determined by participating Master's programs.
B.S. in Civil Engineering
- M.S. in Civil Engineering – earn up to six graduate credit hours
- M.S. in Environmental Engineering – earn up to six graduate credit hours
B.S. in Construction Engineering and Management
- M.S. on Construction Management – earn up to fifteen graduate credit hours
Students interested in any of these programs should apply no later than the end of their junior year.
- This program is intended for UTEP students who are interested in transitioning from a Bachelor's degree to a graduate degree. A student who has previously earned a Bachelor's degree may not apply to this program.
- To be considered for the Fast-Track Program, students need to complete a Graduate School application. Once the Graduate School clears the application, students will be assigned a fast-track code until the Bachelor's degree is conferred.
- Students must have successfully completed at least 90 hours of undergraduate coursework toward their major with a minimum of 24 of those hours at UTEP.
- A GPA equal or greater than 3.30.
- GRE, Statement of Purpose, and Letters of Recommendation are not required at this point. Please note that upon completion of the Bachelor's degree, you must complete all pending admission requirements for formal admission to the graduate program.
How to Apply:
- Apply and pay the application fee online to the corresponding graduate program at https://www.utep.edu/graduate/apply-now/apply-now.html.
- Complete the application form at https://www.utep.edu/graduate/_Files/docs/admission-and-enrollment/fast-track.pdf.
- Obtain the appropriate signatures and submit it to the Graduate School. The Graduate School will process the enrollment. Please submit one form per semester.
Graduate Course Inventory Approved for Fast-Track:
Identify the approved courses for possible use in the participating Bachelor’s/Master’s program of your choice by meeting with your undergraduate and graduate advisors and obtain appropriate approval. The Graduate School will enroll you in the graduate level courses once the application form has been properly filled and submitted.
To identify the list of courses visit http://catalog.utep.edu/grad/academic-regulations/curriculum-and-classroom-policies/fast-track-dual-credit-courses/.
- Students must be advised each semester at the departmental level by both the undergraduate and graduate advisors and cleared for registration in graduate courses by the Graduate School.
- Students must earn a B or better in the graduate course to count as graduate credit. The earned grade will first appear on the undergraduate transcript. If the grade is a C, it will not count toward the graduate degree but will still count toward the undergraduate degree.
- Tuition will be based on the level of the course, not the level of the student. Financial aid may be adjusted.
- Exceptions to these guidelines will be handled through an appeal process established by the participating graduate program.