Vision & Mission
The Mechanical Engineering program strives to graduate mechanical engineers of the highest quality and to conduct state-of-the-art research.
The Mechanical Engineering program makes available a high quality, relevant engineering education to all residents of the El Paso bi-national region. The Program dedicates itself to providing students with a set of skills, knowledge and attitudes that will permit its graduates to succeed and thrive as engineers and leaders. The Program strives to:
- Prepare its graduates to pursue life-long learning, serve the profession and meet intellectual, ethical and career challenges
- Maintain a vital, state-of-the-art research enterprise to provide its students and faculty with opportunities to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge.
Program Educational Objectives
- Our graduates excel as engineers with solid technical skills, strength in design, and an ability to work with complex engineering systems.
- Our graduates recognize the importance of and participate in continuous learning activities to advance their careers, personal interests and life goals.
- Our graduates become industrial and civic leaders and demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit.
Mechanical Engineering Strategic Plan
The strategic plan can be downloaded as a PDF file from the following link: