Hiring Process Student
The student employee onboarding process is outlined below. Keep in mind students are NOT allowed to work until New Hire documents and Criminal Background Check (CBC) have cleared:
The Employee Information Sheet and New Employee Hire Packet referenced can be found in the Forms Library under the Human Resources Forms Section.
Student Hiring Process:
- The hiring department submits a Background Check form and includes the Document Transaction number (DTN) to complete the Employee Information Sheet.
- Once the background check form is submitted and routes through the Account Owner to Human Resources, a background check questionnaire will be sent via email.
- The hiring department should email the completed Employee Information Sheet to HROnboarding@utep.edu.
- Human Resources will provide the New Employee Hire Packet to the employee for submission to a SharePoint site.
The student employee should complete the following steps within 24 hours:
- Submit New Employee Hire Packet and copies of identification documents via the SharePoint link.
- Complete the background check questionnaire.
- Prior to the start of employment visit the HR Onboarding Center and schedule an appointment to present I-9 original unexpired documents.
- Once Human Resources clears the new hire documents and the background check, the new hire documents will be submitted to the Employment Data Management team (EDM) for creation of the employee’s PeopleSoft profile and Employee ID (EMPLID/ 600#).
- The EMPLID will be emailed by EDM to the initiator of the Employee Information Sheet with instructions to submit the eForm appointment document.
- The initiator of the eForm will be notified by an automated email that the student now has an active job record in the system.
- It is important to notify Human Resources if the hire is currently not in El Paso, TX as remote I-9 instructions will be issued.
- Documents not received by Human Resources on time will delay the new hire start date and payroll processing.
- An appointment is required prior to visiting Human Resources.