Graduate Student Travel Funding Opportunities
Graduate students in Literature can benefit from many opportunities to receive financial support for travel and research. If you need funding to attend a conference or to support your research, we encourage you to make use of the following funding sources:
- English Department Baker Hernandez Grant for Student Research and Travel
- College of Liberal Arts Student Travel Dodson Funds
- Student Government Association
- Appropriation (Funding) Guidelines
- Appropriation Bill Example
- Graduate School Student Travel Grants
Travel funds are also available from the First-year Writing Program. For information, see Dr. Theresa Donovan.
*As soon as you know that you will be traveling to a conference you need to fill out a Travel Request Form that is available in the English Department Office. Without this form filled out 3 or 4 months ahead of time, you can't receive any funds originating from the department.*
Be sure to submit your applications for funding at least 2-3 months prior to your travel date to allow adequate time for processing. To have airline ticket cost covered by travel funds, you must go through the UTEP travel agency. Money from granting agencies must already be available to purchase airline tickets.