The mission of the UTEP MPA Program is to educate students to build the capacity of governmental and nonprofit organizations. The Program provides the Paso Del Norte region with access to training in administration.
We seek to:
- Develop analytical and other skills for effective and ethical public and non-profit management;
- Conduct interdisciplinary and applied research; and
- Serve governmental and non-profit organizations, the community and professionals with administration and public policy expertise.
- Educate students to communicate and interact ethically and productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry.
Core Competencies and Learning Outcomes
- The ability to lead and manage in public governance
- The ability to participate in and contribute to the policy process
- The ability to analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions
- The ability to articulate and apply a public service perspective
- The ability to communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry
The UTEP MPA is a 36 hour program that accommodates both full-time and part-time students. Courses are scheduled in the evening to accommodate working professionals and full-time students. With courses ranging from research methods, budgeting, human resources, and policy analysis, we educate future leaders in government and nonprofit management. The program offers concentration areas in public policy and management, urban and regional planning, leadership, and Homeland Security.