How to Apply
Admission Requirements (For Non-USASMA Applicants)
- A complete application. To apply and submit application to the Graduate School, please click here. The application fee is $45 for domestic students and $80 for international students.
- Proof of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the United States or equivalent training from a foreign institution. Applicants must submit one complete Official Transcript from each institution you have attended. Successful applicants generally have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 in upper level undergraduate and graduate level coursework.
- Score on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT). The GMAT will be accepted for those applicants who are applying to the dual MBA/MPA degree or for those that have previously applied to a Master in Business Administration Program (MBA). Applicants who have completed another graduate degree do not need to take a standardized graduate test.
- A three-to-five-page Statement of Purpose. The statement must be a well-written, well-structured and thoughtful essay addressing: a) Where do you see your career in five years, b) How an MPA degree will impact your professional growth in your current career path or desired career, c) The motivations, experiences, and values which bring you to the MPA program.
The Statement of Purpose will be evaluated on content (50%) and writing style and clarity, including grammar, structure, punctuation, and spelling (50%). Professional Resume including relevant public service and/or management experience.
- Three academic or professional letters of recommendation from persons not related to you. At least one academic letter is preferred. It is important to select references who are in a position to evaluate your ability to succeed in an MPA program.
- International students: A score of 600 or higher on the TOEFL.
Admission Requirements (For USASMA Applicants)
1. A complete application
- To apply and submit application to the Graduate School, please click here.
- Select from two options: U.S. or Mexican Applicants or International Applicants
- Scroll down under Programs List to U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy and Captains’ Career Course Applicants
- Choose Public Administration MOA and click on the semester for which you are applying (Application fee waived for USASMA students)
2. Proof of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the United States or equivalent training from a foreign institution.
Submit official transcript to:The University of Texas at El Paso
500 W. University Ave.
Benedict Hall, Room 208, Attn: Maria Llamas
El Paso, Texas 79968