The Department of Music will provide academic programs and performance opportunities of the highest quality, producing outstanding musicians entering careers in music education, industry or performance who can exceed expectations in a challenging and changing environment.
- Produce excellence in music and its professions through opportunities for artistic expression, educational growth and high academic and artistic standards.
- Provide an enriched environment that supports musical participation, enjoyment and study.
- Build solid foundations for students seeking careers in music education, performance, or composition.
- Create an environment for continued development of teachers and music performers.
- Strengthen and support the music professions, including music education, performance, composition, research, and all activities that foster intellectual innovative and artistic growth.
Professional Memberships and Accreditation
The University of Texas at El Paso is a Conn-Selmer School.
The University of Texas at El Paso is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
The University of Texas at El Paso is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).