UTEP Song Festival
A day of learning for high school vocal soloists
Polish your technical and presentation skills for Solo and Ensemble contest and for college auditions!
Saturday, September 8, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
UTEP Fox Fine Arts Center
$50 per person
- a high school singer?
- planning to compete at solo and ensemble contest this year?
- thinking of majoring in vocal music?
- preparing for college auditions?
…then this day is for you!
What you do
- Register early! Space is limited. See "Registration & Payment," below.
- Prepare one song in the classical repertoire in either English, Spanish, Italian, German or French. When you arrive for the Song Festival, your song should be completely learned and memorized.
What you receive
- A 30-minute coaching on your piece with a UTEP faculty member (accompanist provided).
- Participation in four (4) one-hour workshops geared toward vocal technique and performance/audition skills.
- Lunch panel discussion with UTEP voice majors (lunch provided).
- Public recital performance of your piece in Fox Fine Arts Recital Hall at the end of the day.
- A professional quality video of your performance.
Registration & Payment
Cost of participation: $50
Payment deadline: August 31, 2018
1) Click here to register: http://goo.gl/forms/dm5RZLzZEbapNc302 .
2) In order to complete your registration, make $50 payment to:
UTEP Department of Music
ATTN: Song Festival
Fox Fine Arts Center, Room M301
500 W. University Ave.
El Paso, TX 79968-0506
Make checks payable to UTEP Department of Music and write Song Festival in the memo line. You may pay cash in person at the UTEP Department of Music at the above address. Do not mail cash.
3) You will receive an e-mail confirmation when your payment is received.
Registration is limited.
Your registration is not complete until you have paid your $50 fee.
For more information
- Learn more about majoring in Voice at UTEP. We offer degrees in performance, education and commercial music. Our faculty is comprised of world-class performers, pedagogues and scholars.