Recital Procedures & Program Templates
Revised October 2015 (Effective January 1, 2016)
1) Degree Recital: Standard Set-up$90.00 or $135.00 with video
- For a one hour recital: one stage hand for 2 hours at $15.00/hour and a recording tech for 4 hours at $15.00 per hour.
- The recording is budgeted for a longer amount of time because of the need for set-up and tear-down, post-recording clean up of the audio, separating the audio into tracks, burning and printing CDs and delivering CDs to the library, students and applied teacher.
- Video will include a technician for the camera, and 2 hours for editing and DVD production.
2) Degree Recital: Augmented Set-up$150 or $195 with video
- Including drum set, guitar/bass/keyboard amps and vocal or instrumental microphones and "front of house" (FOH) engineer.
- One stage hand for 3 hours at $15.00 /hour (longer set-up and tear-down), one FOH engineer for 3 hours at 15.00/hour (includes set-up and tear-down of mics, monitors, etc), and one recording tech for 4 hours at $15.00/hour.
- Video will include a technician for the camera, and 2 hours of editing and DVD production.
3) Non-Degree Recital: Standard Set-up
$70 if no recording, $130 includes audio recording, $175 with video
- As #1 above, but with a $40.00 facility usage charge to help defray janitorial and other expenses.
4) Non-Degree Recital: Augmented Set-up
$90.00 if no recording, $190 includes audio recording, $235 with video
- As #2 above, but with a $40.00 facility usage charge to help defray janitorial and other expenses.
Live Stream Policy
The department will by default live stream all concerts of our major ensembles to the department Facebook page (Symphony Orchestra, Symphonic Winds, University Chorale and Chorus, Opera UTEP, and Jazz Ensemble I). We will also stream all faculty and guest artist recitals unless requested not to do so by the performer (some guests are under contracts that do not allow this). Directors of other ensembles may request to have their concerts streamed and ensemble directors whose concerts are streamed by default may request that their concert not be streamed.
Undergraduate student recitals will be streamed--upon request and payment of video fee--to their own Facebook page. Graduate recitals will be streamed to the department page upon payment of the video fee and at the request of the student's applied professor. Other events will be streamed on a case by case basis. Please contact Steve Haddad (email@example.com) to arrange for other events to be streamed.
NOTE: For undergraduate recitals, the performer must give Mr. Haddad their Facebook login information prior to the event, so he can post your video to your account.
Videos streamed to the Department Facebook page will be left up for 14 days. After that time, a produced video of the event will be posted on the UTEP Department of Music YouTube Channel for archival purposes and later viewing.
MUSA 1091 Student Recital Class
Click here to download the Syllabus for Friday Recital Class. It is required for all undergradates to enroll for 8 semesters.
Recital Program Templates
Click on the appropriate template link to download a Word document. Read and follow instructions below.
1. Text in black stays as is.
2. Blue text is instructions and should be deleted.
3. Text in red needs to be changed to the actual information and then changed to black.
- Email your program to Joe in the Music Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) two weeks before your recital.
- Pay the appropriate Recital Fee to the office at least two weeks before your recital.
- Voice students are responsible for producing, printing, and copying translations separately under the supervision of their studio teacher. Plan on bringing those materials to the recital and either insert into your program or place next to your program.