MSN in Nursing Education Program Overview
- Graduates prepared for teaching in academic or clinical setting
- 33 credit hour online program over 2 calendar years
- Didactic courses in 7 week format
- 3 admission cycles per year
- Apply through UTEP Graduate School (https://www.utep.edu/graduate/ )
(No GREs or recommendation letters needed)
- Tuition/Fees on UTEP Connect Extended University Site https://www.utep.edu/extendeduniversity/utepconnect/financials/tuition-and-fees/index.html
- On- campus orientation prior to program start
- On-campus experience toward end of program
Two mentored experiences (15 weeks each). Experiential learning under mentor guidance. On- campus intensive will be held during at least one of the experiences.
Ø Clinical Population Focus. Quality improvement opportunity generally carried out in place of employment.
Ø Nurse Educator Focus /Faculty Role. Opportunity to develop beginning nurse educator competencies, with student identifying focus areas of special interest.
Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Examination. Graduates are eligible and prepared to take the NLN national exam