Post-Graduate NAM and NE Certificates
Certificate in Nursing Administration and Management
The Post-Graduate Certificate in Nursing Administration and Management is designed for nurses who have already earned a Master of Science Degree in Nursing and seek further preparation in administration and management in healthcare settings. The online program focuses on the development of administrative skills based on theory and evidence based practice. Key concepts include managing human resources, managing financial resources, and managing quality.
Certificate in Nursing Education
The Post-Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education is designed for nurses who have already earned a Master of Science Degree in Nursing and seek further preparation in nursing education. The online program prepares students to work as nursing educators in schools of nursing, staff development or continuing education. The focus is on the development and enhancement of educator competencies in teaching, assessment of learning, and curriculum development.
- Hold valid, unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license from the state of current practice.
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or equivalent education at a foreign institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Satisfactory score on TOEFL as defined by the Graduate School for international applicants whose first language is not English or who have not completed a university degree in the United States.
- Statement of Nursing Professional Purpose: Should include your professional goals demonstrating your fit with the specific major/concentration you are applying for. Highlight your unique nursing abilities, experience, and knowledge. Format includes your complete legal name, 500 words or less, in Microsoft Word, 1 inch margins, 1.5 or double spaced, and 11 point Arial font.
- Current resume or curriculum vita.
- Official transcripts
- UTEP Graduate: You do not need to submit the official transcripts if your BSN or MSN is from UTEP, you only need to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript if you have one. If you do not have an unofficial copy of your UTEP transcript then you must upload a blank page with UTEP typed on the first line and the degree you earned on the second line.
- Non-UTEP Graduate: You will need a official transcript for each university you have attended even if no degree was earned. Upload non-UTEP unofficial transcripts pending official ones. If you did not attend UTEP and do not have unofficial transcripts from schools attended, upload a blank page with the name of the university and the degree earned.