Registering your bicycle with University Police is a great anti-theft deterrent. This free service allows University Police and surrounding area law enforcement agencies to locate the rightful owner in the event your bike is stolen and recovered. Download and complete the Bicycle Registration Form and pick up your decal at 3118 Sun Bowl Drive. Call 915-747-6338 or 915-747-6640 for information.
Bicycle Theft Prevention Tips
- Always secure your bicycle to a bicycle rack utilizing a heavy duty "U-Type" lock
- Never leave your bicycle unlocked
- Consider utilizing secondary cable lock. Make sure the cable lock goes through the bike frame and wheels
- Lock your bicycle in a well-lit and high traffic area
- Remove clip-on accessories such as headlights and portable batteries
- Take photos of your bicycle and serial number. The serial number is usually located on the underside of the bottom bracket
- Keep a record of your original purchase receipt
- Consider engraving your bicycle as an anti-theft deterrent.
- Don't lock your bicycle to railings on steps or ramps
- Consider investing in a GPS tracker
- Always check the bicycle quick release