Become a Better Math Teacher!
"This program is a must if you want to sharpen your teaching and mathematical skills. I am a totally different teacher/educator than when I first started. I cannot say enough to give credit to the program and its educators for challenging me to become better. Thank you."
"The MATM program has allowed me to break through the superficial layer of teaching mathe-matics and dive deeper to what our students really need.”
Download our brochure (PDF file)
This site describes the MAT-Mathematics program for in-service Math Teachers at the 8-12 grade band. General information about the MAT-Mathematics for non-practicing teachers is at the Mathematical Sciences graduate program website.
Admission requirements for In-Service Teachers
- A bachelor's degree with either
- an overall GPA of at least 3.0 or
- a GPA of at least 3.0 for college-level mathematics and statistics courses.
- At least 18 semester hours of college-level mathematics courses including Calculus 2
- At least a B in both Calculus I and Calculus II
- At least 2 years of teaching experience in mathematics
- This program is designed for teachers who may not have content background beyond Calculus II (e.g., if they have alternative certification), but who have the real-world foundation of at least two years' teaching experience.
- If you are interested in applying but do not meet one or more of the requirements, please contact the MAT-Mathematics Graduate Advisor at email@example.com.