Applying to the Graduate Program
Students interested in the graduate programs must apply through UTEP's Graduate School. Please read the application procedure at http://www.utep.edu/graduate/apply-now/apply-now.html .
Application Fees and Deadlines
There is an application fee of $45 for US citizens, permanent residents and Mexican nationals. The application fee is $80 for international applicants.
The Fall semester application deadline established by the Graduate School is August 1 for US citizens and permanent residents, July 1 for Mexican nationals, and February 1 for other international applicants. However, after July 15 a $15.00 non-refundable fee for expedited processing will be assessed.
For the most up-to-date information please refer to the Graduate School page on admission fees and deadlines -http://utep.edu/graduate, or contact the Graduate School.
Official transcripts must be submitted with admission applications. Unofficial transcripts may be submitted temporarily, but official transcripts must sent to the Graduate School as soon as possible. The Graduate School will obtain transcripts for applicants who obtained their degrees at UTEP.
All graduate applicants must submit the application for UTEP Graduate school. Applicants to the MAT-Mathematics program must also submit the application form for the Department of Mathematical Sciences.
Online Application for UTEP Graduate School
- Go to http://www.utep.edu/graduate/apply-now/apply-now.html
- Follow the appropriate links to fill out and submit your application.
Additional Form for MAT-Mathematics Applicants
- The online form is at
- Applicants should save the form and send it as an attachment to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are advised to e-mail the graduate advisor to confirm that he has received the form.
- Graduate School
- Academic Services Building, Room 223
- (915) 747-5491, or email@example.com.
- Blanca Carrasco (Mathematics contact at the Graduate School )
- (915) 747-8409, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe Guthrie (Director of Graduate Studies, and main contact for MS Mathematics program )
- Ori Rosen (MS-Statistics)
- Helmut Knaust (MAT-Mathematics: Non-practicing Teachers)
- Kien Lim (MAT-Mathematics: In-Service Teachers)