The UTEP Cheer Team consists of a large coed partner stunt team and an all-girl/small coed group stunt team.
Orange and Blue Teams are distinguished by level of skills and operate similar to a varsity and junior varsity team.
ORANGE TEAM GIRLS: minimum standing tuck and standing back handspring tuck
BLUE TEAM GIRLS: minimum standing back handspring
Males do not have a skill requirement. Collegiate stunting technique will be taught to males interested in continuing as a student athlete at the collegiate level.
- Incoming freshman must have already applied to UTEP.
- Good Academic Standing (minimum 2.0 GPA).
- Undergraduates must be enrolled in at least twelve (12) semester hours.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in at least six (6) semester hours.
- Training Room Facilities
- Team Student Trainers
- Larry K. Durham Iron Mine (weight room)
- Team Strength Coaches
- MAAC (Miner Athletic Academic Center)
- Support by Department of Student Affairs
2019-2020 Cheerleading Academic Scholarship Award- $1000 per semester (15 available awards)
2019-2020 Book Scholarship - $500 per semester (25 members)
- Priority Registration
- Study Hall with Tutors
- Athletic Academic Advisor
- Organized Workouts
- Travel Opportunities with Various Sport Teams
- Community Engagement
- Student Engagement
- Campus Involvement