The UTEP Cheer Team consists of a large coed partner stunt team and an all-girl/small coed group stunt team.
Orange and Blue Teams are distinguished by level of skills and operate similar to a varsity and junior varsity team.
ORANGE TEAM GIRLS: minimum standing tuck and standing back handspring tuck
BLUE TEAM GIRLS: minimum standing back handspring
MALES are required to learn to partner stunt within a specified deadline OR must have minimum standing back handspring. Collegiate stunting technique will be taught to males interested in continuing as a student athlete at the collegiate level.
- Incoming freshman must have already applied to UTEP.
- Good Academic Standing (minimum 2.0 GPA).
- Undergraduates must be enrolled in at least twelve (12) semester hours.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in at least nine (9) semester hours.
- Must provide proof of medical insurance.
- Must provide proof of current physical.
- Must provide proof of sickle cell results.
- Training Room Facilities
- Team Student Trainers
- Larry K. Durham Iron Mine (weight room)
- Team Strength Coaches
- MAAC (Miner Athletic Academic Center)
- Support by Department of Student Affairs
2021-2022 Cheerleading Academic Scholarship Award- Up to $500 per semester (limited availability)
2021-2022 Book Scholarship - Up to $300 per semester (limited availability)
- Priority Registration
- Study Hall with Tutors
- Athletic Academic Advisor
- Organized Workouts
- Travel Opportunities with Various Sport Teams
- Community Engagement
- Student Engagement
- Campus Involvement