Accelerated Student Scholarship
About the Scholarship Program
Under current Department of Education criteria, students who attend a higher education institution prior to graduation from high school are not eligible for federal need based ﬁnancial aid. Therefore, UTEP has made a commitment to provide scholarships for students who have:
a. completed their associate’s degree from El Paso Community College (EPCC) prior to completing their high school diploma at a Region XIX Early College High School and
b. plan to continue their education at UTEP
This scholarship will cover only the costs of tuition and mandatory lab and course fees for a maximum of nine (9) semester credit hours (SCH) for up to two semesters (fall and/or spring, summer tuition and fees are not covered through this scholarship) prior to the student’s high school graduation. Students are responsible for all other costs such as transportation, books, etc. Fees such as late fees and add/drop fees are also not covered by this scholarship.
Keep In Mind
- Students may take more than 9 SCH per semester but are responsible for ALL additional tuition and fees.
- Students must pay a one-time $10 Student General Property Deposit in their ﬁrst semester at UTEP which can be refunded after graduation.
- Scholarship will only be provided for pre-approved academic credit-bearing courses which meet degree requirements as per your degree plan.
- Be enrolled in an ECHS Program
- Must have earned an Associates of Arts or an Associates of Science degree and transfer a final cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above from EPCC
- Complete an application to UTEP through www.applytexas.org for both admissions and scholarships
- Students must submit a signed ECHS Contract (If student is under the age of 18, parent or legal guardian signature is required)
- Must earn a 3.0 GPA or greater during the ﬁrst semester
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress of the enrolled classes (see ﬁnancialaid.utep.edu for full details)