UTEP Campus Involvement
- Under Construction / Coming Soon -
Medical Professions Institute
If you are planning to attend dental, medical, optometry, physician assistant, or veterinary school joining the Medical Professions Institute (MPI) will help you find the right tools, establish a network, prepare for the MCAT, help you increase your chances in being accepted to the school of your choice and much more! The MPI is your best source for information on pursuing a career in the medical professions, and what opportunities you have now as a student to participate in activities that will help you achieve your goals. By participating in the MPI you will:
- Learn about admission requirements
- Learn about internship opportunities
- Serve your community through service projects
- Meet faculty from the professional schools
- Meet other students with similar goals and interests
- Participate in MCAT reviews, internship workshops, research symposiums and other opportunities!
If you are interested in becoming involved with MPI, linked below is some basic information on advising, courses required for admission to most medical professional schools and applications to certain UTEP affiliated medical programs.
- Under Construction -
Joint Admission Medical Program - Coming Soon
Early Medical School Selection Program
Law School Preparation Institute
If you plan to attend law school, the Law School Preparation Institute (LSPI) is your best source for information, professional development, and involvement opportunities. The LSPI helps UTEP students of all majors develop the critical thinking skills and study habits that are crucial to be successful in law school. While also helping students develop their skills in legal thought, research and writing. Through their academic programs and involvement opportunities LSPI prepares students for admission into the nation's top law schools. For more information please visit their website linked below.
Patricia and Paul Yetter Law School Preparation Institute
Location: Miners Hall 108
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Friday 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Phone Number: (915) 747-8866
If you are interested in participating in the LSPI College Program feel free to contact them with any questions you may have, to your right you will find their contact information. Also, linked below you will find the webpage where applications for new students are available. After being admitted to the program you will learn more about what opportunities you have available.
University Honors Program (UHP)
The University Honors Program allows outstanding undergraduate students who strive for academic excellence, and who seek local and global involvement opportunities, to participate in a richer and more challenging academic experience that also enables more personalized contact between faculty and peers. Programs the UHP directs include:
- The Student Leadership Institute (SLI)
- The Student Enrichment Experience (SEE)
- The Global Opportunities Student Enrichment Experience (GO SEE)
- The UHP Peer Mentor Program
- The UHP Discussion Forum Series
Undergraduate/Graduate Dual Credit Program (Fast track)
The Undergraduate/Graduate Dual-Credit Program enables undergraduate UTEP students to receive dual undergraduate and graduate credit for up 15 hours of UTEP graduate course work as established by participating programs. Students who are interested must meet the following requirements to apply:
- Have completed at least 90 hours of undergraduate course work toward their degree with a minimum of 24 of those hours at UTEP.
- Have and maintain a minimum 3.30 undergraduate GPA.
- Satisfy any additional requirements as requested by participating graduate programs.
To download the application and for more information click on the links below.