Safety and conservation of energy are important considerations for Miner Village, Miner Heights, and Miner Canyon. Each resident must be conscious of the number of small appliances in their unit and the frequency of their use. The following guidelines will be helpful for the use of appliances.
- All appliances in residential units must be (UL) approved.
- Any appliance with a heating element (i.e hair dryers, popcorn poppers) must have the element enclosed and must be (UL) approved.
- One microwave per unit is permitted.
- Residents of each unit are mutually responsible for keeping appliances turned off when not being used.
- The Kitchen provided in each unit is to be kept clean at all times.
- All appliances provided by Housing and Residence Life (stove, oven, refrigerator) must be kept in good working order.
If an appliance is not working properly through no fault of the resident(s), maintenance personnel will respond to a work order for that unit. It is the responsibility of each resident to report any damaged property that belongs to the University Department of Housing and Residence Life. Upon check out residents are required to leave all University owned appliances in the unit and in the same condition they were upon check in.