Welcome Exchange Students!
The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), an urban located in El Paso, Texas is a public research university. El Paso has a growing community of 750,000 which, together with Ciudad Juárez, Mexico forms the world’s largest bi-national metropolitan area, totaling 2.5 million residents. The campus is one of the few places in the world outside of Bhutan or Tibet to have buildings created with the Dzong architectural style. It sits on hillsides overlooking the Rio Grande river, with Ciudad Juárez in view across the Mexico–United States border.
UTEP is the second-largest university in the U.S. to have a majority Mexican American student population (about 80%) and the university's College of Engineering is the nation's top producer of Hispanic engineers with M.S. and Ph.D. degrees.UTEP offers a variety of academic programs by College and Department. More information can be found here.
Only exchange, non-degree seeking students coming from any of the following universities or through an exchange with CONAHEC will follow this application process:
- Czech Technical University in Czech Republic
- Shijiazhuand Tiedao University in China
- The American Business School in Paris in France
- UniLaSalle Beauvais in France
- Universidad de Piura in Peru
- University Catholic de Lille in France
- University of Ulsan in Republic of Korea
- Victoria University in Australia
- Universitat der Bundeswehr Miinchen
After being nominated by your study abroad advisor or coordinator at the home institution, studentss are asked to complete an Exchange Student Application Package. The exchange student application will ask for biographical information, educational background (e.g. semester intended to study at UTEP; area of study), emergency contact information and need for on-campus housing accommodations.
Exchange Student Application Documents:
- Color Copy of your Passport
- English Proficiency Test Scores: UTEP general requirements can be found on the Student Assessment and Testing website. If test scores are not met, additional SKYPE or phone interview will be conducted.
- Official Transcripts from Home University (in English)
- Declaration of Finances/Confirmation of Financial Resources:
Students will need to submit supporting documents that indicate that they have at least the minimum amount required to study abroad at UTEP for the time stipulated on the Exchange Student Application (one or two semesters). Supporting financial documents submitted cannot be more than 6 months old.
Acceptable Sources of funding:
Financial statements or bank letters must show the name of the account holder, account type, account number, type of currency, account balance, and date of issue. Statements should be translated to English. Funding sources must be liquid (able to be immediately withdrawn / cashed).
- Checking accounts, savings accounts and certificates of deposit that have reached their maturity or will reach maturity prior to the start of the student’s first semester.
Unacceptable Sources of Funding
- Property, life insurance, pension plans, stocks and bonds or any other non-liquid investments.