Frequently Asked Questions
Only current, active students are permitted to participate in clubs.
Outdoor Adventure Programs
- The fee applied to the OAP Trips cover the following:
- Transportation to and from the destination
- Park and Campsite Fees (If applicable)
- All in-camp food (If applicable)
- All specialized equipment needed for the trip
- All camping and camp equipment (If applicable)
- It does NOT include
- Any traveling meals
- Souvenir purchases
- Any other expenditure that you would like to make.
- Go to the SRC Online Portal
- 1. Sign In with UTEP SSO
- 2. Click the Intramural icon
- 3. Join a League sport!
Games are posted on imleagues.com for the whole season.
Tournament dates are also posted.
The last week of the Regular Season
There is training equipment that is available for use in the pool building. We, however, do not provide nor lend out swimming-caps nor swimming goggles. The items that are available for use on a first-come, first-served basis are: Pool buoys, float jog belts, swimming fins, water-weights, and recreational balls. Thank you for asking and visit us soon!
Below are some of the features that make the Student Recreation Center’s swimming facility unique:
- Recreational Pool: Depth range (0ft - 4ft6in) ADA Access
- Zero Entry:
- There is a zero-entry area that gradually increases in depth from 0ft to 4ft6in. This area is popular with children, elder patrons, and provides easier access for patrons with injuries or requiring accommodations.
- Swimming Lanes:
- The recreational area offers 5 swimming lanes that range in depth from 3ft6in to 4ft6in, and measure 25 meters in length. The water in the recreational pool is maintained at approximately 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Water Basketball/Volleyball Area:
- The recreational area also offers a water basketball/volleyball area where patrons can have a wonderful time with their family members or friends. The area’s depth ranges from 3ft6in to 4ft6in.
- Competitive Pool: Depth range (3ft6in – 13ft) ADA Access
- Swimming Lanes:
- The competitive pool sports 10 swimming lanes that range from 3ft6in to 13ft. The swimming lanes are 25 yards in length and the water temperature is maintained at 81 degrees Fahrenheit. The four lanes in the deep end of the competitive pool can be merged to allow access to our one-meter and three-meter diving boards (see question 4 for inquiries regarding the diving boards). Diving blocks can also be placed on some of the swimming lanes (ask the aquatic supervisor for availability upon your visit).