File for Spring 2022 General Election
Filing open from: March 8, 2022 - March 23, 2022
Deadline: Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (MST)
Current UTEP students may file for spring elections by completing the following:
- Submit an application via MineTracker.
- Pick up and return the following forms at the Student Government office (Union East 304):
Attend the mandatory Candidate Information Session for candidates on Monday, April 28 at 10:30 AM) or Tuesday, April 29 at 4PM in Union East Office 304. If you cannot attend, you must meet with the SGA Election Commissioners before Elections Week.
SGA General Election Positions Available are:
- Vice-President of External Affairs
- Vice-President of Internal Affairs
- Senator at-Large (16)
- Collegiate Senators (8):
- Liberal Arts
- Health Science
Election week will run from Monday, Aprill 11, 2022 at 7:00 a.m. (MST) through Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. (MST).
Voting will be held online from Wednesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:00 a.m. (MST) through Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. (MST).
Candidate Info Sessions
Election results will be publicly announced through social media and this website on Monday, April 18 at 9AM*.
*Barring any sanctions or post-election litigation.
Candidates must submit a Financial Summary Form by Thursday, April 14 at 7PM to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All campaign material must be removed by April 15 at 5PM. Failure to do so will result in the disposal of campaign material and potential sanctions.
If victorious, candidates must accept their senate seat in Union East 304 by TBD. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of seats.
Duties and Responsibilities
By joining the Student Government Association, officers and senators are expected to:
- Attend all Senate meetings (Usually Take Place Thursday evenings)
- Represent and be in contact with constituents.
- Be present for all senate-sponsored events, including, but not limited to, Student Government booths, campus-wide community service projects, mandatory events, and retreats.
- Perform all duties outlined in the UTEP Student Government Association Bylaws.
Senators are required to be a member of a Senate standing committee and attend all regular committee meetings in addition to all regular senate meetings.
Elected terms begin at a decided date after their election and end May 31 of that Academic Year.
Regular terms begin June 1 of that Academic Year and end May 31 of the following year.
All campaign materials must be approved by either (1) Student Government Association Election Advisor or (2) Election Commissioners, before being posted or dispersed. Both can be found in Union East 304.
Copies of all campaign material, other than posters, must be filed with Student Government Association prior to being posted.
All campaign materials must be posted according to University and Election Code policies. For more information see the SGA Election Code.
The student who feels the candidates are not following the University and Election Code policies are allowed to submit a Violation Complaint Form (Minetracker Form) to the Election Commissioners. All Violation Complaint Forms must be submitted before Thursday, April 14, 2022, at 5 p.m. (MST)
Each campus organization may endorse only one candidate in the form of a written record filed with the Student Government Association office and Election Commissioners.
A candidate may have as many endorsements as desired.
Complete the Candidate Endorsement Form by Thursday, April 14, 2022, at 5 p.m. (MST)
Campaign material in the form of buttons, stickers and business cards is allowed without limit. Expenditures for all such items are limited to the stipulated $100 for Executive officer candidates, $75 for Senate candidates. All such items need to be approved and filed by the Student Government Association.
- Only currently enrolled students may vote.
- When applicable, campaigning cannot take place inside the building where voting is held.
- All candidates and election procedures followed are bound by University Policy and the SGA Election Code.
- Copies of all campaign materials must be filed and approved with the Student Government Association before they are distributed.
- Violation Complaints Forms must be completed and emailed to an election commissioner listed below.
Election Advisors for Spring 2022 Special and General Elections:
Election Commissioner for Spring 2022 Special Elections:
|Jesus Alejandro Gutierrezemail@example.com|
|Rosa Elena Espanafirstname.lastname@example.org|
*The release of results will all depend if there are any Violation Complaint Forms and/or appeals submitted to either Election Commissioners or SGA Supreme Court.