- For active employees, W2's can be downloaded from Peoplesoft.
- For non-active employees, W2's are sent to the mailing address on file in Human Resources.
If you have already given prior consent to receive your W-2 electronically, NO ACTION is required at this time.
If you have not given consent and wish to receive your W-2 statement electronically you have to provide electronic consent to print your own statement once it becomes available. Please complete the following steps to provide your consent:
- Go to the PeopleSoft Login site.
- In the search box, enter “The University of Texas at El Paso” and click “Continue.”
- Log in with your UTEP email credentials (username and password).
- Under the Employee Self Service section, click on the “Online W-2 Consent” link.
- Follow the instructions on the W-2/W-2c Consent Form page.
- After you complete step 5, you will receive an auto-generated email confirming your consent. A separate email notification will be sent once your W-2/W-2c statement becomes available for you to print.
Note: If you elect not to provide your consent, you will be mailed your W-2/W-2c to your home address specified in PeopleSoft. Your home address can be located under Employee Self Service>Personal Information>Personal Information Summary.
- Salaried (monthly) employees are paid on the 1st working day of the month.
- Monthly employees are paid for the previous month
- Hourly employees are paid semi-monthly on the 5th and 15th working day of the month.
- Hourly employees covering the 16th through the end of the previous month are paid on the 5th working day.
- Hourly employees covering the 1st through the 15th are paid on the 15th working day of the current month.
University employees should be enrolled in Direct Deposit to receive payment on scheduled pay dates. In a situation where no account information is provided then a manual paper check is printed and available for pick at the Payroll Office.
You can sign up for electronic payment the following way:
This stands for Old Age Survivor's Insurance. OASDI is also known as Social Security. All employees are subject to withholding for OASDI unless exempt.
Please go to the “About Your Paycheck/Earnings Statement” for detailed information on reading your earnings statement.
Please contact Human Resources at (915) 747-5202
No, the University does not provide cell phones for business use, however, a monthly allowance is available at the discretion of the department.
Funds will be available on the 1st working day of the month
Please give your bank until 10:00 am to post the funds to your account
- Your appointment was not fully approved
- Your timesheet did not get approved before the payroll deadline
- Please, contact your department to find out more information on your pay.