Pi Theta Epsilon And Alpha Chi Chapter
Pi theta Epsilon (PTE) was developed as a specialized honor society for occupational therapy students and alumni. The society recognizes and encourages superior scholarship among students enrolled in professional entry-level programs at accredited school across the United States. Pi Theta Epsilon is sponsored by the American Occupational Therapy Foundation (AOTF). The Alpha Chi Chapter is the local PTE chapter.
The mission of Pi Theta Epsilon is to promote research and scholarship among occupational therapy students. Objectives of the Society are:
- To contribute to the advancement of occupational therapy through special projects of its members.
- To provide a basis for relationship among the accredited schools of occupational therapy.
- To work in cooperation with the aims and ideals of the occupational therapy club (known as the Students Occupational Therapy Association or SOTA).
- GPA is at least 3.5 on a scale of 4.0 since entering the Master of Occupational Therapy Program.
- Have completed at least two semesters in the Master of Occupational Therapy Program.
- Lapsed members may rejoin the local PTE Chapter (Alpha Chi) by paying only the current year’s membership fee. Membership in a local chapter automatically bestows membership in the national society.
Cecilia Fierro (915) 747-8289; Email: email@example.com