Student Occupational Therapy Association
The Student Occupational Therapy Association is a campus student organization whose mission is to promote occupational therapy through involvement with the community, at the University, local and state levels.
This mission is pursued through the following goals:
- Campus and Community public education activities, such as health fairs.
- Community service activities, such as therapeutic horsemanship and volunteer programs.
- Cooperative activities with the Rio Grande District of the Texas Occupational Therapy Association and with Alpha Chi Chapter of Pi Theta Epsilon, the national honor society for occupational therapy.
- Fundraising activities to support the objective and activities of the club.
- Social and educational activities to enhance the learning and professionalization experience of the occupational therapy students of the UTEP program.
- Any student enrolled in the professional occupational therapy program may join the Student Occupational Therapy Association by paying the annual dues, as established by the membership.
Dr. Cecilia Fierro- (915) 747- 7263